Project Control Specialist
PharmEng Technology is currently seeking a Project Control Specialist
for a project in Ontario, Canada The position is available immediately conditional of a successful interview
- Cost Management – proficient in planning, estimating, budgeting, and controlling costs so that a project can be completed within the approved budget.
- Can work with project team to develop project cost proposals, provide monthly cost reports, manage project change notices, and manage the purchasing process.
- Can develop baseline to measure performance using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Capable of generating and reporting cash flow forecast and work-in-place (WIP) projections for individual projects and overall Capital Plan
- Scheduling – proficient at Microsoft Project and/or Primavera software tools to develop and maintain project schedules. Individual can work independently to develop activity sequencing, resource estimating, activity duration estimating, schedule development and schedule control.
- Capable of analyzing deviations and recommending corrective actions to the Project Leader.
- Finance – proficient using SAP software.
- Capable of obtaining information independently, and analyzing data to identify trends or concerns to Project Leader.
- Expected to understand corporate financial requirements and procedures.
- Portfolio Management - Plan and control Engineering project portfolio and interact/participate with the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interface with peers and to report information to senior site leadership
- Attention to detail is an essential job skill
- Cost estimating skills including bid evaluations and, change order analysis and benchmarking of project costs.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Word processing, PowerPoint
Thank you for your consideration and application! We review all resumes and submissions, however, due to the sheer volume of requests that we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted
- An Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the engineering / construction field, or an associate degree from a technical field with a minimum of 8 years of related experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential to interface with peers, management, vendors and contractors. This position requires knowledge of estimating techniques, project planning, engineering and construction processes as well as knowledge of computer systems including scheduling programs, spreadsheets, word processing, flow charts and presentation skills.
- Must have technical knowledge of construction cost estimating and management. This will include experience in the review of design documents, constructability, building components, labor rate analysis and material unit pricing. Must have strong analytical skills for cost estimate analysis, bid evaluation, change order analysis, value analysis, and benchmarking project costs. Must have an understanding of all types of estimating from conceptual through definitive construction estimates.
- A proven history of experience in design and construction project management, cost management, estimating, planning, scheduling and progress measurement is essential.
- Experience in a pharma/biotech/Life Science industry a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project Controller is expected to have an overall foundation in scheduling, cost, finance and management, with demonstrated experience in managing medium-to-large projects.