- Lead the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems including the building automation systems, data systems, process control, DCS and utility PLC’s
- Lead the design installation and commissioning of site electrical power equipment and distribution (Substations, Switchgear, Power Distribution, Motor control Centers) systems, equipment and associated control systems.
- Ensure One line diagrams are up to date
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage change control process for Automation/Process Control Equipment.
- Maintain current inventory list of all Process Control Equipment (PCE).
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with instrumentation and control systems.
- Provide technical support for existing instrumentation and automation systems; Analyze repairs and maintenance requirements in order to proactively address system weaknesses.
- In cooperation with the Validation Engineers, develop validation documentation and implement validation plans, instrumentation and control systems.
- Develop training programs for instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage vendors and consultants to ensure that contracts contain appropriate technical specifications are delivered as required.
- Stay current on developments in the field of instrumentation and control technology
- Interface with users, peers, and management to ensure appropriate input and integration of local and corporate standards.
- Provide technical expertise during regulatory audits.
- Author, review, revise, or approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as required.
- Participate in site Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, who address specific problems, facilitate discussion and research.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical, beverage or food industry with prior electrical/instrument engineering
- Minimum 4+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry with prior manufacturing or development process control and instrument engineering
- Prior experience leading the design, programming, start-up, troubleshooting and validating of process control systems and instrument including SCADA and PLC systems
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV
- Application development using PLC programming (AB, Siemens S7 & S5), SCADA, HMI configuration (Intellution Fix32 and iFix, Wonderware, Siemens Apogee)
- Prior experience in a cGMP regulated industry including experience with relevant regulatory requirements and 21 CFR part 11
- Must have proven Organizational Skills & Time Management
- Must have good communication skills including reporting on project progress