- Lead the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems including the building automation systems, data systems, process control, DCS and utility PLC’s
- Lead the design installation and commissioning of site electrical power equipment and distribution (Substations, Switchgear, Power Distribution, Motor control Centers) systems, equipment and associated control systems.
- Ensure One line diagrams are up to date
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage change control process for Automation/Process Control Equipment.
- Maintain current inventory list of all Process Control Equipment (PCE).
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with instrumentation and control systems.
- Provide technical support for existing instrumentation and automation systems; Analyze repairs and maintenance requirements in order to proactively address system weaknesses.
- In cooperation with the Validation Engineers, develop validation documentation and implement validation plans, instrumentation and control systems.
- Develop training programs for instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage vendors and consultants to ensure that contracts contain appropriate technical specifications are delivered as required.
- Stay current on developments in the field of instrumentation and control technology
- Interface with users, peers, and management to ensure appropriate input and integration of local and corporate standards.
- Provide technical expertise during regulatory audits.
- Author, review, revise, or approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as required.
- Participate in site Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, who address specific problems, facilitate discussion and research.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical, beverage or food industry with prior electrical/instrument engineering
- Minimum 4+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry with prior manufacturing or development process control and instrument engineering
- Prior experience leading the design, programming, start-up, troubleshooting and validating of process control systems and instrument including SCADA and PLC systems
- Experience Emerson DeltaV
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Application development using PLC programming (AB, Siemens S7 & S5), SCADA, HMI configuration (Intellution Fix32 and iFix, Wonderware, Siemens Apogee)
- Prior experience in a cGMP regulated industry including experience with relevant regulatory requirements and 21 CFR part 11
- Must have proven Organizational Skills & Time Management
- Must have a good communication skills including reporting on project progress
Thank you for your consideration and application! We review all resumes and submissions, however, due to the sheer volume of requests that we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.